This practice explores the raw wilderness and harmonious nature that lives deep within us all.
Sound Weaving is no ordinary singing workshop.
It is a practice that grounds us in our bodies and connects us to our resonant selves and each other.
Allowing us to be truly present. Hearing, softening and surrendering to the magic of music that pulses within and through us.
This workshop is designed to liberate your natural voice and gift you tools that will serve to support your honest human expression, in an environment where you can safely surrender your beliefs, thoughts and ideas about your singing voice and sound.
An invitation to experience life through sound.
If you -
yearn to express yourself in an honest way
want to reawaken your loving, creative voice
have never sung
have been silenced
are fearful of your voice
are a singer, performer, actor, poet, facilitator or teacher
This workshop is for you!
The foundations of the Sound Weaving practice will be shared so that you can incorporate the fruits into your daily life:
• Presence - opening hearing
• Intention - the target and the arrow
• The Instrument - how do I create sound? where does it come from?
• Breath - who/what is breathing you?
• The Breather - surrendering, going beyond identity
• Toning - awakening your instrument and your primal voice
• Songs - offering your voice
• Vocal Sound Journeys - the ocean of life
• Improvisation - playing, the dream state
• Harmonies - the meeting of voices
• Singing Circles - the gathering
This workshop allows you to remember that it is okay to make sounds, it is okay to yawn, sigh, hmmm, babble, groan, cry, laugh, wail and surrender to the nature that moves us.
Sound Weaving is a therapeutic Singing & Vocal practice. This workshop is for people who feel comfortable and prepared for self-exploration.
This workshop can be profoundly healing when you are open and ready to dive in. However, when you freely release your voice, you also release tension, resistance and memories that have been stored in the body, this may cause discomfort and distress for those who are not ready for it.
For those who have suffered deep trauma in their lives, please contact me before you sign up for this workshop so we can talk through your needs and ensure you have proper support.
Sound Weaving workshops are not a substitute for your counsellor, psychologist or therapist, please continue to seek advice from your healthcare professional.
~ Current Sound Weaving workshops 2019
Northcote Workshops 2019
Beginner Dates and Times:
- Monday, February 4, 7:00 PM - Monday, March 4, 9:00 PM (Sold Out)
- Monday, April 29, 7:00 PM - Monday, May 27, 9:00 PM (Book Now)
- Monday, July 15, 7:00 PM - Monday, August 12, 9:00 PM
- Monday, September 23, 7:00 PM - Monday, October 21, 9:00 PM
Intermediate Dates and Times:
- Monday, June 3, 7:00 PM - Monday, July 1, 9:00 PM
- Monday, October 28, 7:00 PM - Monday, November 25, 9:00 PM
Where: Northcote Photo Studio, Rear 55 High St, Northcote, VIC 3070
~ Others experiences
5 weekly x 2-hour Beginner sessions (current)
$180 early bird price by 8th April / $200 full price
Invite a friend or colleague and get two bookings for $340 discount price
5 weekly x 2-hour Intermediate sessions (current)
$180 full price
8 weekly x 2-hour sessions $300
1-day 6-hour workshop $200
2-day x 6-hour workshops $360
~ Extra offerings
Buy a physical or digital Gift Voucher for Birthday’s, Valentine's Day, Mother's and Father's Day, Christmas and other Special Occasions available for Private Lessons and Group Workshops.